Built from Scratch, Guided by Nature, Forged in Stone, and Sworn to Darkness so now it is time for us to take a look at the blue themed 2014 Commander Deck, Peer Through Time.
How does this deck play? To quote the great Jedi Master Yoda, “Control. Control. You must learn control.” With this deck, you have. You control the playing field through options. This deck is all about getting you what you need, when you need it. It has lots of options for untapping permanents, drawing extra cards, and more. Rather than control the playing field through counters, something I know a lot of MtG players get more than a little irritated with, Peer Through Time just makes sure you have absolute control of your own deck.
So lets have a look at what is inside:
- Creatures (25): Azure Mage, Fathom Seer, Fog Bank, Willbender, Dulcet Sirens, Riptide Survivor, Sea Gate Oracle, Shaper Parasite, Reef Worm, Mulldrifter, Ixidron, Stitcher Geralf, Stormsurge Kraken, Steel Hellkite, Brine Elemental, Frost Titan, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Sphinx of Magosi, Phyrexian Ingester, Sphinx of Uthuun, Hoverguard Sweepers, Lorthos – the Tidemaster, Artisan of Kozilek, Breaching Leviathan, Deep-sea Kraken
- Instant (10): Pongify, Cyclonic Rift, Into the Roil, Turn to Fog, Exclude, Cackling Counterpart, Domineering Will, Dismiss, Intellectual Offering, Stroke of Genuis
- Enchantment (3): Fool’s Demise, Infinite Reflection, Well of Ideas
- Sorcery (7): Call to Mind, Compulsive Research, Concentrate, Rite of Replication, Rush of Knowledge, Aether Gale, Distorting Wake
- Artifact (16): Everflowing Chalice, Tormod’s Crypt, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Sapphire Medallion, Sky Diamond, Swiftfoot Boots, Commander’s Sphere, Crown of Doom, Unstable Obelisk, Worn Powerstone, Assault Suit, Nevinyrral’s Disk, Thran Dynamo, Ur-Golem’s Eye, Dreamstone Hedron
- Land (38): Coral Atoll, Ghost Quarter, Lonely Sandbar, Myriad Landscape, Remote Isle, Tectonic Edge, Zoetic Cavern, Island x31
- Planeswalker: Teferi – Temporal Archmage
The 2014 Commander Decks are in stock now. Be sure to stop into the Lair every Friday night for Friday Night Magic and your chance to become Champion of the Lair. Also remember to put in your vote for Vote for your Favorite Teacher. Voting ends February 1st.